EbIX stands for European forum for energy Business Information eXchange. Fingrid joined the ebIX in March 2015.
EbIX is an European forum which aims to promote, develop and integrate the use of electronic data exchange in the energy sector. The emphasis is on the electricity and gas markets. EbIX covers both the wholesale and the retail market for the exchange of information.
ebIX's aims and objectives:
• To promote and develop the use of electronic exchange of information on the energy market
• Standardization of information exchange
• A comprehensive exchange of information between operators in the European energy market
• Extensive processes of wholesale (both gas and electricity) and retail markets.
• To promote the definition of processes and data exchange standardization in the European energy market
• Close co-operation with other organizations in developing the exchange of information (EDI / XML)
• Complies with European Union rules